If you were to ask me what recipe I make the most often, it would be this lemon vinaigrette. This vinaigrette is a staple in my house and if I could bottle it and sell it, I would! This is the honestly the BEST AND SIMPLEST VINAIGRETTE and is my GO-TO for EVERYTHING! This lemon vinaigrette literally takes 5 minutes to make, and has no added sugar or other random ingredients that you can’t pronounce.
This vinaigrette is what makes my lacinato kale salad the bomb! I love using a high quality EVOO such as this one from Amphora for vinaigrettes, as it elevates the flavor. Regardless of what EVOO you purchase, make sure it’s pure olive oil, as some store bought brands are blends and those can contain canola oil or other refined oils, (yuck) so be sure to check the label.I make this vinaigrette at least 4-5 times a week and toss it on everything from salads to my random millet and quinoa lunch combinations. If you follow me on instagram then you’ve been seeing all the lunches I’ve been tossing this vinaigrette with. See below combination of quinoa, roasted peppers, sautéed leftover zucchini, squash, chicken and spinach.
I toss it with sautéed kale, spinach, roasted red peppers, roasted broccoli and quinoa. This vinaigrette just adds that extra pop of flavor and brings everything together.Once you start making your own vinaigrette, you won’t go back to store bought dressings.If you make this, please comment below and let me know what you think! Also, let me know what you combined it with. xoxo, Jackie
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil – I absolutely love this olive oil from Amphora
- 3 cloves garlic, minced - I usually use 3 cloves unless they're huge
- hefty pinch of fine or coarse sea salt – I adore this celtic sea salt, as it’s unrefined and chock-full of minerals
- pinch freshly ground pepper - I typically do 4-5 twists with the pepper grinder
- pinch of red pepper flakes, to taste - I do a larger pinch as I like it a bit spicy
- In a wide mouth canning jar or glass, whisk together the following, 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, minced garlic, hefty pinch of sea salt, pinch or few twists of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch (or more to taste) red pepper flakes.
- If not using right away, make sure to whisk the dressing before use.
- Leftover dressing will last for a week in the fridge.
- I recommend taking the dressing out ½ hour before using it so the oil can soften, as it will harden in the fridge.