Are you tired of picking or buying fresh herbs only to have them wilt and go limp after a day or so? Well, I was tired of it. I would go out and buy this beautiful cilantro or parsley only to have it wilt and become useless the next day. A friend taught me a wonderful and easy trick to keeping my herbs fresh that I would like to share with you today. It’s a super easy trick, which really works, and keeps fresh herbs fresh and useable for about two weeks.
Tips for keeping herbs fresh:
- Snip off the bottom of the stems.
- Don’t pre-rinse your herbs as you want the leaves to be dry – rinse them as needed
- Fill up some glasses or small storage containers with a bit of water and place the stem ends of the herbs into the water.
- Loosely cover the herbs with a plastic bag. I know, a plastic bag? It really does the trick though!
- Store the herbs covered with the plastic bag in your refrigerator.
Tip: Be sure to change the water after a few days if it discolors.
As Barefoot would say, “how easy is that?”