This is definitely the easiest dessert in my recipe book. Now, it does need to chill for 2 to 3 hours before serving, so it does require a tiny bit of planning, but the preparation couldn’t be easier, so easy in fact that your child could make this entire dessert! You might have to supervise on the coffee pouring part, but otherwise it’s easy-peasey-lemon-squeezey (that is another one of my favorite sayings)!
pots de creme:
Makes 7 to 8 desserts
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup (8oz) very hot and strong coffee – You can always use a good strong decaf if your worried about the caffeine, especially if you have kids
Note: The coffee will heat the eggs so you will not be eating a raw egg dessert.
sweetened whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Beat the cream in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until it becomes frothy.
My kids devoured theirs though! Eli was even licking his glass.
Here’s to a fancy no fuss dessert!