Today I thought I would share with you 10 random facts about myself. There really is no rhyme or reason to any of the below facts, just a small sampling of who I am.
- I actually like to clean. I’m not saying I’m a big fan of cleaning the toilets or bathrooms, but I like to vacumn dust and organize. It calms and centers me when my house and space is organized.
- I make my bed every day.
- I’m not a computer person, strange coming from a blogger, right? Being on the computer for more than an hour at a time drains me. I need people, interaction and nature.
- I really wasn’t a fan of vegetables until about 8 years ago. Of course I ate them, but I begrudgingly did so. I realized when I had kids that I better learn how to eat them without cringing, (what kind of an example would I be) so I finally learned how to cook them so they tasted good, and now of course, I love them!
- I never tried kale until a year ago. Yes, the kale obsessed mama was not kale obsessed a year ago. Hmmmm, what was I obsessed with? Oh yes, it was arugula salads. What’s next, bok choy?
- I hate figuring out what to wear everyday. I honestly wish I had someone, like Andie, that could lay out an outfit for me each day (a cute one preferably).
- These are the cities that I have lived in; Scotia, NY, Bristol, RI, Washington, DC, Minneapolis, MN. I now reside in Marin County, which is 10 minutes north of San Francisco.
- One place I would love to visit is Europe. I have never been, and would love to change that.
- I have eaten the same breakfast practically everyday since I was 17. Grape nuts topped with something like granola, go-lean crunch, plain cheerios, you get it. I change up what I top my grape nuts with, but the base is the same. I also have a cup of coffee, but I added that addition after college.
- I have never gone to bed without washing my face or brushing my teeth. Seriously, even on those crazy college nights.
There are of course, many more aspects to who I am, but I will leave you with those and share more later. Let’s move on with this week’s weekly menu.
Disclaimer: I did not make the pizza this past Friday night. I was a rebel and went astray from the weekly menu. The day got busy and I was fighting a cold, so we went to our favorite kitchen away from home, DJ’s. I loved it though because I ran into so many friends (Andie and Mike) and familiar faces that night. Sometimes its good to get out of the house.
Speaking of getting out of the house. We got out of the house for dinner last night, literally, as it was 81 degrees and absolutely gorgeous. We had a busy day of soccer, so John picked up a pepperoni pizza (the kids requested this as I jipped them of pizza the night before) on his way home, and I made up some miso kale salad with tofu, and we had dinner on the front lawn. The kids asked why we didn’t do this more often, and I said, “We’re doing it now, so lets be present and enjoy the night.” We played outside till it got dark. It was the perfect night as we we’re all together and present with one another.
Leftovers night! Beer-braised chicken verde tacos and sliced red pepper and carrots.
Take out night!
Deep dish pepperoni pizza and caesar salad. Since I never made that pizza last week, I thought I would give it a try this week.
I don’t know what it was about last week, but I baked up a storm. I made 3 batches of popovers because they’re so easy, and are the perfect snack for the kids to bring to school or have for breakfast topped with some jam.
I baked a batch of these sugar-crusted popoverson Saturday morning. Huge hit!
I whipped up my kid’s favorite chocolate chip pumpkin bundt bread for an after school snack. The kids both had a playdate that day so half of it was gone by 4:00.
I also tried a new and larger skillet cookie (12-inch) with my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have to tweak the cooking time, so I will post it soon.
If you’re craving a skillet cookie, here’s the 10-inch skillet version. It’s so good!
I still plan on baking this week, but we don’t want to and can’t eat it all. Any takers?